Be a part of two centuries of legendary hospitality!
The Education Department at Belle Meade is seeking upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our
team. Educators conduct age-appropriate tours and hands-on programming for audiences of all
ages, from toddlers through grandparents. Sitting at the corner of education, public history, and
hospitality, our education team is responsible for leading high quality programming for children
and adults, which utilize a variety of teaching methods. A team mentality is a must. Experience
working with children or families is preferred, but museum or teaching experience is not
● Lead and facilitate a variety of family and scout programs
o Conduct brief tours across the site for families and children in a personable and
knowledgeable manner, providing accurate information relevant to the major
themes of the specified program
o Facilitate the hands-on activities and crafts associated with the program
● Must exhibit basic knowledge of learning styles and developmental stages for a wide
variety of ages and abilities
● Must have a customer service attitude and be prepared to interact with groups of people
● Ensure the safety of guests and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies
following institutional guidelines
● Must actively participate in training programs and staff meetings to expand knowledge of
the site and current education theories
● Complete other duties as assigned
● Must be able to execute programs for children, with an ability to relate to adults as well
● Creativity, flexibility, and organizational skills are essential
● Must be articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance; must be willing to adhere to a
business casual dress code
● Must be able to assimilate information and impart it in a factual, coherent, and engaging
manner; excellent oral communication skills are ideal; continued practice in this area is
● Public speaking or teaching experience with an interest in history is ideal; knowledge of
19th century American history is ideal
● Must be available as scheduled, including weekends and holidays
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Historic Interpreter (Part-Time)
Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery is seeking upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our hospitality-oriented team. Interpreters conduct tours of Belle Meade for diverse audiences. As communications professionals, interpreters are responsible for presenting a variety of tours, programs, and demonstrations to guests by using informal interpretation techniques. Aside from tours, interpreters perform front-end ticketing duties, guest orientation, and general office work as needed to support the organization’s goals. A team mentality is a must. No previous museum experience is required.
- Interpreters conduct tours through the Mansion for guests of all ages in a personable and knowledgeable manner and provide accurate information relevant to the major themes in the site’s history.
- Interpreters welcome the public, collect tickets, and give general orientational directions to guests pertaining to exhibits and points of interest on-site.
- Must have a customer service attitude and be prepared to interact with large groups of people daily.
- Interpreters assist in providing security for the site, buildings and collections. They help ensure the safety of guests and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies following institutional guidelines.
- Must actively participate in training programs and staff meetings to expand knowledge of the site and to strengthen interpretive skills. Interpreters are required to update and modify their tours as new or relevant information becomes available and for changing exhibits.
- Interpreters assist with special events and programs, often held on the weekends and evenings.
- Interpreters lead guided educational tours and programs for school-age groups.
- Will be assigned office work or projects to complete when not giving tours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The interpreter must have excellent oral communication skills and demonstrated experience working with the public. Must be articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance. The interpreter must be able to assimilate information and impart it in an engaging, coherent, and factual manner. Must demonstrate initiative, leadership qualities, and flexibility. Public speaking and/or teaching experience with an interest in history is ideal. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Must be available as scheduled, including weekends and holidays. Belle Meade is open daily from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Full-Time)
Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery Overview
Belle Meade has a mission to create innovative and inclusive guest experiences, engaging educational opportunities, and a fulfilling team environment, while preserving the historic relevance of the site for future generations.
Belle Meade began in 1807 with a log cabin and 250 acres. Over time, with the dedication of the Harding and Jackson families and the hard-working laborers who lived here before and after emancipation, this site became one of the largest thoroughbred horse farms in the South. We are committed to tell the story. The full story.
Today, Belle Meade is a historic attraction, featuring Historic Tours, Journey to Jubilee Tours, Guided Segway Tours, Wine & Food Pairings, Bourbon Experiences, Culinary Tours, an on-site Restaurant, an on-site Winery, and multiple Gift Shops. We work with travel and leisure guests, student groups, adult groups, VIP guests, and corporate and convention groups.
Assist Vice President of Sales and Marketing/Director of Group Sales with:
- Greeting buses and running group tours to the Mansion.
- Pulling tableware, linens and set tables for group tour lunches.
- Emailing group tour contracts and confirmation letters.
- Assist with logistics regarding all group reservations.
- Updating final group tour count, enter payments, and email receipts.
- Creating group tour event layouts for Event Supervisor.
- Conduct site visits for perspective clients.
- Supervise and oversee the production of email campaigns using Mailchimp.
- Gather information from each department to feature in monthly newsletter.
- Create layout and write content for monthly newsletter.
- Send test emails for proofreading to each department and executive team for review.
- Coordinate the scheduling and sending of emails.
- Track results and analyze report for each marketing campaign’s performance.
- Create annual marketing calendar with suggested topics for newsletter, blog, and social media.
- Create social media posts that are consistent with the company brand.
- Maintain and update website content and images as needed.
- Coordinate new website page design and layout.
- Analyze website traffic using Google Analytics and report trends.
- Coordinate the proofreading and editing of blog posts.
- Report technical website issues to FareHarbor Support.
- Create and coordinate marketing plans to create awareness and generate revenue of Education Department programming and community events.
- Enter and update event information on NowPlayingNashville.com, NashvilleParent.com, NashvilleFunForFamilies.com, and other appropriate websites.
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, or Hospitality and Tourism Management preferred
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience in a comparable industry strongly preferred
- Customer service experience, especially within the hospitality industry preferred
- Understanding and appreciation of Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery – its history, mission, vision, and brand
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a diverse community with different perspectives
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High standard of ethical and professional conduct
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Event planning, coordination, and execution skills
- Date Posted: March 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time with benefits
- Job Function: Sales and Marketing
- Service Area: Tourism
- Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Specialty Sales Assistants (Part-Time)
Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery is a beautiful historic site with rich history in horses and hospitality. The Coop N’ Scoop offers our guests delicious ice cream and fresh homemade fudge. We are looking for friendly, hardworking, customer-oriented sales associates to be a part of our team. The individuals in this role will be responsible for welcoming and engaging guests, selling ice cream and fudge, with the goal of creating a memorable experience. We offer a flexible schedule, but weekend availability is a must!
- Cash handling experience
- Guest experience
- Greet and engage guests
- Initiate conversation
- Take pride and ownership in work
- Organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Works well with others
- Specialty retail and/or tourist attraction experience
- POS register experience
- Open/Close responsibilities
- Staff scheduling
- Inventory management
- Hospitality Management training, degree or currently enrolled in classes
- 1 year of leadership experience
- 1 year of cash handling experience
Job Description: (other duties may be assigned)
- Meet and greet
- Sampling, serving, and selling ice cream, fresh homemade fudge and other food and drink items
- Conduct inventory
- Placing orders
- Begin to learn the fudge making process
- Flexible schedule: Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery is open 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily (including weekends) and the Coop ‘N Scoop is open 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily (subject to change)
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]