Be a part of two centuries of legendary hospitality!
Education Department Intern
The Education Department has one undergraduate internship opportunity each fall, spring, and summer. Internships are compensated with a stipend. Internships are for 10 or 12 weeks, and usually include 20 hours of work per week. Remote internships are possible, under certain circumstances. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore the variety of education programs offered at Belle Meade prior to applying. The Director of Education will work with the Intern to devise a project that benefits the site and is in line with the Intern’s interests, abilities, and academic goals. Successful candidates have a strong interest in history and childhood education.
Past internships have included: researching case studies on museum education theories, developing new field trips, writing curriculum for homeschool programs, and more.
To apply, please email your resume or CV to [email protected]. If you require accommodations to apply, please call 615-921-2528. Once you’ve emailed your resume, visit the Calendly link below to schedule your interview.
- Applications accepted January 1, 2023 – February 28, 2023
- Interviews held in March, 2023. Please visit our Calendly page to schedule your interview. Make sure to email your resume or CV prior to scheduling your interview.
- Applications accepted April 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
- Interviews held in July, 2023. The scheduling link for Fall 2023 Interviews will be added soon.
- Applications accepted August 1, 2023 – October 30, 2023
- Interviews held in November, 2023. The scheduling link for Spring 2024 Interviews will be added soon.
Sales Associate: The Shop at Belle Meade Historic Site (Visitor Center)
Belle Meade Historic Site and Winery is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Tennessee history and an equal opportunity employer. Sales Associates will be responsible for working with team members to promote positive community relations and revenue through the following functions:
- Clearly communicating in answering customer questions, phone calls, emails, and shopping needs with a high level of politeness and respect.
- Giving directions and sharing general knowledge about Nashville tourism.
- Learning the history of Belle Meade in order to enthusiastically share with guests and extending hospitality at every opportunity.
- Taking a proactive approach to customer needs and assisting customers with product selection and suggestions.
- General retail sales and gift wrapping.
- Inventory functions: learning about the items we offer, pricing, stocking and restocking inventory.
- Merchandising and store upkeep: dusting, polishing, straightening and arranging merchandise, fixtures and stock as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the Store Manager or the Store Manager’s representative.
- Basic computer skills, math and calculator skills
- MUST be available on weekends
- Follow directions and work well in a team setting
- Work between the hours of 8:30-6:00 on a regular basis (may occasionally be required to work special events after hours)
Health, dental, vision insurance after 90 days
Employee Discounts in Gift Shops
to apply email [email protected]