Be a part of two centuries of legendary hospitality!
Education Department Intern
The Education Department has one undergraduate internship opportunity each fall, spring, and summer. Internships are compensated with a stipend. Internships are for 10 or 12 weeks, and usually include 20 hours of work per week. Remote internships are possible, under certain circumstances. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore the variety of education programs offered at Belle Meade prior to applying. The Director of Education will work with the Intern to devise a project that benefits the site and is in line with the Intern’s interests, abilities, and academic goals. Successful candidates have a strong interest in history and childhood education.
Past internships have included: researching case studies on museum education theories, developing new field trips, writing curriculum for homeschool programs, and more.
To apply, please email your resume or CV to [email protected]. If you require accommodations to apply, please call 615-921-2528. Once you’ve emailed your resume, visit the Calendly link below to schedule your interview.
- Applications accepted January 1, 2023 – February 28, 2023
- Interviews held in March, 2023.
- Applications accepted April 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
- Interviews held in July, 2023.
- Applications accepted August 1, 2023 – October 30, 2023
- Interviews held in November, 2023.
Sales Associate: The Shop at Belle Meade Historic Site (Visitor Center)
Belle Meade Historic Site and Winery is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Tennessee history and an equal opportunity employer. Sales Associates will be responsible for working with team members to promote positive community relations and revenue through the following functions:
- Clearly communicating in answering customer questions, phone calls, emails, and shopping needs with a high level of politeness and respect.
- Giving directions and sharing general knowledge about Nashville tourism.
- Learning the history of Belle Meade in order to enthusiastically share with guests and extending hospitality at every opportunity.
- Taking a proactive approach to customer needs and assisting customers with product selection and suggestions.
- General retail sales and gift wrapping.
- Inventory functions: learning about the items we offer, pricing, stocking and restocking inventory.
- Merchandising and store upkeep: dusting, polishing, straightening and arranging merchandise, fixtures and stock as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the Store Manager or the Store Manager’s representative.
- Basic computer skills, math and calculator skills
- MUST be available on weekends
- Follow directions and work well in a team setting
- Work between the hours of 8:30-6:00 on a regular basis (may occasionally be required to work special events after hours)
Health, dental, vision insurance after 90 days
Employee Discounts in Gift Shops
to apply email [email protected]
Belle Meade Historic Site is currently seeking friendly and outgoing individuals to join our hospitality-focused team as Guest Service & Tickets Representatives. In this role, you will be responsible for greeting guests, selling tickets on-site, checking in guests who have pre-booked their tickets, and directing guests to various experiences. We are looking for individuals who possess a team-oriented mindset, a passion for providing excellent customer service, and a commitment to hospitality. No previous museum or historic site experience is required for this position.
- Greet and welcome guests to the site, collect tickets, and provide general directions related to exhibits and points of interest on-site.
- Demonstrate a customer service attitude and be comfortable interacting with large groups of people on a daily basis.
- Develop knowledge of all public ticketed experiences on site and sell experiences to walk in guests
- Assist with special events and programs, which may be held on weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent oral communication skills and experience working with the public are required.
- Articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance.
- Prior experience with a point-of-sale system is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be available to work as scheduled, which may include weekends and holidays.
- This position will have a flexible work schedule designed by the employee and the hiring manager that will consist of weekends and some holidays.
- Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery is open daily 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and the work schedule for this position reflects these hours.
- This is a part-time position
- Employee discount
- This is a part-time position, and only full-time employees are eligible for health care benefits.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Highschool Diploma required
- This is an on site role located at Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery: 110 Leake Avenue Nashville, TN 37205
- The pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
- Employees that demonstrate a commitment to excellence in hospitality, customer service, and guest experience may have the opportunity to transition into a full time role depending on the operational needs of Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery.
- To apply please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Qualified Candidates will be contacted
Interpreter Job Description:
Belle Meade Historic Site is seeking upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our hospitality-oriented team. Interpreters conduct tours of Belle Meade Historic Site for diverse audiences. As communications professionals, interpreters are responsible for presenting a variety of tours, programs, and demonstrations to guests by using informal interpretation techniques. Aside from tours, interpreters may perform front end ticketing duties, guest orientation, and general office work as needed to support the company goals. A team mentality is a must. No previous museum experience is required. Weekends are a must.
· Interpreters conduct tours through the house for guests of all ages in a personable and knowledgeable manner and provide accurate information relevant to the major themes in the site’s history.
· Interpreters welcome the public, collect tickets, and give general directions to guests pertaining to exhibits and points of interest on site.
· Must have a customer service attitude and be prepared to interact with large groups of people daily.
· Interpreters assist in providing security for the site, buildings and collections. They help ensure the safety of guests and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies following institutional guidelines.
· Must actively participate in training programs and staff meetings to expand knowledge of the site and to strengthen interpretive skills. Interpreters are required to update and modify their tours as new or relevant information becomes available and for changing exhibits.
· Interpreters assist with special events and programs, often held on the weekends and evenings.
· Interpreters may lead guided educational tours and programs for school-age groups.
· Will be assigned office work or projects to complete when not giving tours.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
The interpreter must have excellent oral communication skills and demonstrated experience working with the public. Must be articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance. The interpreter must be able to assimilate information and impart it in an engaging, coherent, and factual manner. Must demonstrate initiative, leadership qualities and flexibility. Public speaking and/or teaching experience with an interest in history is ideal. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Must be available as scheduled; including weekends and holidays. Belle Meade is open daily from 9am-5pm, excluding major holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN 37205: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person