Be a part of two centuries of legendary hospitality!
Coop ‘N Scoop Hospitality and Sales Associate
As one of the most popular destinations in Nashville, Belle Meade Historic Site is seeking friendly, outgoing, and sales-savvy professionals to join our team. Being a part of the hospitality/ sales team at Belle Meade will require individuals to be well versed in everything the site has to offer. This role will fill front end positions at the Coop ‘N Scoop, the on-site ice cream and fudge shop. Aside from warmly welcoming and serving each guest, this customer-facing position will require individuals to be fully aware of all the site’s daily offerings and activities to be able to enhance the guest’s overall experience.
- To ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Greet customers warmly and share daily options.
- Sampling, serving, and selling ice cream, fresh homemade fudge and other food and drink items.
- Ability to work the point-of-sale system (Square).
- Ability to work weekends.
- Workspace upkeep: opening/closing, restocking, cleaning, and alerting manager when product inventory is low.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Begin to learn how to make homemade fudge.
- Flexible schedule: Belle Meade Historic Site & Winery is open 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily (including weekends) and the Coop ‘N Scoop is open 11:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. daily (subject to change)
- Proficient in point-of-sale applications
- Comfortable speaking with individuals or groups
- Desire to learn the history of Belle Meade Historic Site
- Flexibility and patience for the demands of a fast-paced environment
- Team player who is ready to assist in our commitment to excellent customer service.
- Able to stand for long periods of time/ walk guests to destinations/ lift 35lbs
- Time management
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Education Department Intern
The Education Department has one undergraduate internship opportunity each fall, spring, and summer. Internships are for 10 or 12 weeks, and usually include 20 hours of work per week. Remote internships are possible, under certain circumstances. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore the variety of education programs offered at Belle Meade prior to applying. The Director of Education will work with the Intern to devise a project that benefits the site and is in line with the Intern’s interests, abilities, and academic goals. Successful candidates have a strong interest in history and childhood education.
Past internships have included: researching case studies on museum education theories, developing new field trips, writing curriculum for homeschool programs, and more.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest to [email protected].
Belle Meade Historic Site is seeking upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our hospitality-oriented team. Interpreters conduct tours of Belle Meade for diverse audiences. As communications professionals, interpreters are responsible for presenting a variety of tours, programs, and demonstrations to guests by using informal interpretation techniques. Aside from tours, interpreters preform front end ticketing duties, guest orientation, and general office work as needed to support the company goals. A team mentality is a must. No previous museum experience is required.
- Interpreters conduct tours through the house for guests of all ages in a personable and knowledgeable manner and provide accurate information relevant to the major themes in the site’s history.
- Interpreters welcome the public, collect tickets, and give general orientational directions to guests pertaining to exhibits and points of interest on site.
- Must have a customer service attitude and be prepared to interact with large groups of people daily.
- Interpreters assist in providing security for the site, buildings and collections. They help ensure the safety of guests and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies following institutional guidelines.
- Must actively participate in training programs and staff meetings to expand knowledge of the site and to strengthen interpretive skills. Interpreters are required to update and modify their tours as new or relevant information becomes available and for changing exhibits.
- Interpreters assist with special events and programs, often held on the weekends and evenings.
- Interpreters assist with guided educational tours and programs for school-age groups.
- Will be assigned office work or projects to complete when not giving tours.
- Complete other duties as assigned
The interpreter must have excellent oral communication skills and demonstrated experience working with the public. Must be articulate, reliable, and have a neat appearance. The interpreter must be able to assimilate information and impart it in an engaging, coherent, and factual manner. Must demonstrate initiative, leadership qualities and flexibility. Public speaking and/or teaching experience with an interest in history is ideal. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Must be available as scheduled; including weekends and holidays. Belle Meade is open daily from 9am-5pm.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to apply.
Sales Associate: The Shop at Belle Meade Historic Site (Visitor Center)
Belle Meade Historic Site and Winery is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Tennessee history and an equal opportunity employer. Sales Associates will be responsible for working with team members to promote positive community relations and revenue through the following functions:
- Clearly communicating in answering customer questions, phone calls, emails, and shopping needs with a high level of politeness and respect.
- Giving directions and sharing general knowledge about Nashville tourism.
- Learning the history of Belle Meade in order to enthusiastically share with guests and extending hospitality at every opportunity.
- Taking a proactive approach to customer needs and assisting customers with product selection and suggestions.
- General retail sales and gift wrapping.
- Inventory functions: learning about the items we offer, pricing, stocking and restocking inventory.
- Merchandising and store upkeep: dusting, polishing, straightening and arranging merchandise, fixtures and stock as needed.
- Other duties as directed by the Store Manager or the Store Manager’s representative.
- Basic computer skills, math and calculator skills
- MUST be available on weekends
- Follow directions and work well in a team setting
- Work between the hours of 8:30-6:00 on a regular basis (may occasionally be required to work special events after hours)
Health, dental, vision insurance after 90 days
Employee Discounts in Gift Shops
to apply email [email protected]